Mia Camarata
College Nightmare
JENNY
[Speaking with frustration]
Wow. That took forever to find. There is like no where to park and everyone is walking around drunk, nobody could help with directions.
KALYN
Pff. Welcome to the college life. Imagine us a week ago trying to find our classes, trying to make it to class on time and…
PETE
And enjoy high school.
[looking away]
College sucks, at least this first week.
STACY
You told mom and dad you loved it and were having so much fun…?
PETE
Yeah did you see the way mom cried I don't want her worrying.
KALYN
Haha wait till you meet Lewis.
STACY
I know I'm so-
PETE
No. You aren't going any where near Lewis.
STACY
Why not?
PETE
[half way walking out the door]
He's a jerk and a freak and I don't want my little sister meeting someone like that. I'm going back to my dorm, I have class until 3 tomorrow, we'll leave for the cabin after that. I'm already packed and everything, I can't wait to get out of here. It's been the longest week of my life.
[Pete shuts the door]
KALYN
[chuckles]
I'm glad y roommate and I are friends!
STACY
You'll let us talk to Lewis tomorrow right?
KALYN
We'll see. Lets go party, I want you to see the one and only fun part of college.
NARRATOR
The girls hung out and met a bunch of college people. Kalyn introduced Stacy as Pete's sister, and everyone made comments about how creepy looking Lewis is and how they all feel bad for Pete. When they woke up in the morning they went to breakfast. Stacy and Jenny were excited because both their parents told them that the food is really good.
JENNY
[screeching]
OH MY GOD.
STACY
[laughing with curiosity]
Is that a hair?
JENNY
Jeez I feel bad for our siblings. You have to walk every where you want to go. You need money to do anything, no air conditioning, and food with hairs in it. I'm not looking forward on going to college.
STACY
I really want to meet Lewis.
KALYN
Haha alright, come on.
KALYN
[as they're walking up with stairs]
You guys are getting way too excited about meeting Lewis.
JENNY
Everyone is over reacting nobody can be as bad as you guys are making him out to be. Have you even talked to him?
KALYN
I'd rather not talk to that kid, he's a jerk. He told Pete if he makes any poor choices about anything he's going to the dorm director. Like who does that? Hello- we're at college.
NARRATOR
The girls walked to the boy’s dorm room. They walked up four stair cases and were now standing outside Lewis and Pete's room. Pete was at class. Other boys who walked by simply looked and said "you might not want to go in there" laughed and walked away. Stacy and Jenny were getting anxious to meet this kid.
KALYN
I don't think Lewis isn’t going to be happy with us just showing up without Pete…
[Stacy knocked on the door]
STACY
I guess we'll find out.
[ Nobody answered. She knocked four more times, yet still no answer]
KALYN
Hmm… let's go back to my room and I'll come back then we'll walk back here and see if someone answers.
JENNY
[with sarcasm says-]
Great more walking.
[turning around and starting to walk away]
KALYN
Welcome to my world.
[Lewis opens the door]
LEWIS
What do you want?
STACY
Hi Lewis, I'm Stacy, Pete's sister.
LEWIS
Cool?
[Kalyn, Jenny, Kalyn's friends that walk by all started laughing. Stacy walked into the room and sat in a chair that she recognized from home]
STACY
So what do you like to do up here all day when you don't have class?
LEWIS
Nothin.
[An awkward silence and stares spread throughout the room]
STACY
Soo… What are you going to school for?
LEWIS
I wanna be a nurse.
STACY
Oh that's cool.
LEWIS
Ya. I have class you guys want to leave my room.
[Everyone left the room]
JENNY
He deffiantly isn't a people person, like we walk all the way here and he makes us leave right away…but, he's not that mean he talked to Stacy.
STACY
Yeah Pete just needs to be more open. He's obvious not his type, but Pete and him would get along if Pete would just try.
[Pete's calling Stacy]
STACY
Hello?
PETE
Sup, I'm on break
STACY
I… talked to Lewis, he's not the type of people we hang around but he really isn't that bad. You should just try to talk to him
PETE
I told you not to talk to that kid. He woke me up this morning at four with the smell of burning hair, he was straightening his hair at four in the morning and left his hair crap all over the floor. He's a jerk you haven't lived with him the last week, the only thing I'm trying is to get a new room. I gotta go. I'll call you when class is over.
[He hangs up]
NARRATOR
The group of friends sit in Kalyn's room watching T.V. while waiting for Pete.
KALYN
This is why we hate it here. There is nothing to do when you don't have class.
JENNY
Well at least…you guys can just relax
KALYN
[with sarcasm]
Yeah. Okay.
[Stacy's phone rings and plays "Love In This Club"]
JENNY
Guys its Shane!
KALYN
Put him on speaker!
SHANE
Hey guys! Kalyn how's college?
KALYN
I hate it. I don't know how you said you had fun as a freshman. How's it for you?
SHANE
It sucks for everyone their first month. Once you get to know people it won't be boring trust me it's a blast.
JENNY
Are you ready for the cabin?
SHANE
Yeah when will you guys leave there?
JENNY
Pete gets out of class in an hour we'll call you when we're on our way
SHANE
Kay bye!
SKYLER
See Kalyn, just give it time.
KALYN
Ha what about Miles who is stuck with Lewis?
JENNY
Well they can't live together and not talk for a whole year can they?
STACY
No. Shane's speaking from experience just give it time.
NARRATOR
The group of teens went to the cabin and had a blast. School started for Jenny, and Stacy before they knew it the New Year was right around the corner and they couldn't convince Kalyn and Pete to come home for the weekend to celebrate, they were having too much fun at college.

1 comment:
i like the end of your play. school does seem to get better in time
Post a Comment